Friday 27 January 2012

A Golden Season

When I returned to Golden after spending time in Banff over new year I wasn't quite sure what my plans were, I knew I wanted to wait till the spring before I adventure North and cash was getting low. It all happened quite quickly as I fell in love with this little town in the Rockies. I spent my first week of so back at the Dreamcatcher Hostel, a very homely place run by a wonderful couple called Gerald and Abi both whom make everyone feel so welcome (you are made feel like your being welcomed into their home rather than just another hostel)






It wasn't long after I had bought a season pass for the local ski hill as I was determined to learn or re learn how to snowboard.

With a little help from some friends and word of mouth I found a room in a house to stay for the rest of the season. I moved in just a few days after going to see the house. Its a beautiful timber framed house in around 1 and a half acres of land and around 8 minutes out of town.

The Town of Golden is beautiful place to Visit for all who like the out door, there is plenty of out door activity's all year round. So some down off the hi-way, stay at the Dreamcatcher hostel (more than just a hostel) a wonderful place for the family, and experiance the small town with so much to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment